Traveling Diaries: USA trip photo report

In October I went on a two week study trip to the US. We visited four amazing cities; Washington DC, Chicago, Boston and New York. It was the best trip ever! We did a lot of sight seeing, enjoying and shopping. Before I share all my beauty & fashion buys, I'm going to show you a picture loaded report of my trip. Unexpectedly I loved Washington and Chicago. Being my second time in NYC, I fell in love once again. I am confident that I will make this city my home one day soon.
traveling diaries to the USA, visiting New York, Washington, Chicago and Boston.



Boarding pass Amsterdam to Washington on October 6.
On October 6th we left with a group of 38. And so the adventure began ...

Staying at the hostelling international washington DC.
Our first stop was Washington DC. We stayed at the Hostelling International. It was a pleasant stay! From what I know it's fairly cheap and the location is great, within walking distance of the White House and more.

Salad at Ella's Wood-Fired Pizza on 610 9th street NW in Washington.
The best salad ever at Ella's Wood-Fired Pizza on 610 9th street NW! 

Best burger in the US at Thunder Burger & Bar in Georgetown Washington DC.
And the first and best burger we had in the US was at Thunder Burger & Bar in Georgetown.

Forever 21 store in Washington.
The Forever 21 was just two blocks down from the hostel. We spent a couple of hours in the huge shop. 

Chinatown in Washington DC.
Chinatown! We went to the cinema for Gravity. The film was very intense and kind of sad, but it's a good movie. 

Visiting the American University media lab.
Visiting the American University media lab. 

Police officer in front of the white house in Washington.
Me with my girlfriends posing in front of the White House. 

Martin Luther King Jr. National Memorial on a cloudy day.
Martin Luther King Jr. National Memorial on a cloudy day. 

GlamorousGia riding a bike with a head turban.
It was raining so I used my scarf as a turban ... looking fabulous while riding our rented bikes touring the city.

Riding a city bike in the middle of the street in Washington.
I really recommend renting city bikes in Washington. For only $7 a day it's the best way to get around and see all the amazing sights. You have to check in your bike at the special stations every 30 min. This was no problem since there's a station practically everywhere in the city. 

GlamorousGia in front of the US Capitol.
We went to and inside the US Capitol. It was such a cool experience and it made our Washington trip amazing!

In the plain from Washington to Chicago.
After 4 days we were on our way to the next city ... Chicago!

Black, blue and pink suitcases.

View of the metro and city buildings from the hostelling international hostel in Chicago.
Nice view from our Hostelling International hostel. The best thing of this hostel was the comfy bed. I slept like a baby each night. 

Tall buildings in the city of Chicago.
Tall buildings in the city <3

Blue sky in the Millennium Park, Chicago.
It was such a beautiful day for pictures in the Millennium Park. 

Makin a selfie at Cloud Gate, the bean in Chicago.
Selfies at Cloud Gate. 

Taking selfies at Cloud Gate in Chicago.

Taking selfies at Cloud Gate in Chicago.

Glamorousgia taking a selfie blowing a kiss at Cloud Gate in Chicago.

The bean Cloud Gate in the middle of the city of Chicago.

GlamorousGia at the Millenniumpark in Chicago.

Nice blue sky view of Chicago city.

Outfit for our visit at Loyola University!

Loyola University right in the middle of the busy city ... so impressive and cool!

Hi there! ^_^

Thanks to Loyola we were able to visit the Leo Burnett advertising agency. We had the chance to meet some of the creative people behind the campaigns of many big brands worldwide. 

Of course we went inside the Willis Tower. On the 103th floor you can go on the ledge in the popular glass boxes at 1353 feet (~ 412m) in the air. It was so crazy but very cool.   

Amazing view of the city from the Willis Tower Skydeck in Chicago. 

Michigan Avenue at night. The Burberry store itself is an attraction. 

We also went to Six Flags Great America. It was awesome!

Rollercoasters! <3


After Chicago we went to Boston! My first meal there was this amazing steak, fries with seasonal vegetables. 

Me and my girls Marijke and Esmee waiting for the metro! ^_^

Beautiful golden dome in Boston.

We got to see John Travolta filming his upcoming movie The Forger. We couldn't take any pictures. But we did see these film trailers on our way back to the hostel. So cool right?

In Boston we visited both MIT and Harvard. Since the weather was nice, I put this summery outfit together. 

Last but not least we arrived in New York City. During a stroll in Central Park we came across beautiful sights. Another cool thing was seeing so many people walking their dogs in the park.

The best way to travel in NY is by metro. With a 7-day pas for only $32, you can go practically anywhere. What I love about the metro is that it's cheap and it's never late. We never had to wait more than 3 minutes to catch a metro.

Curly hair, don't care ^_^ on the Staten Island ferry.

My new Combat boots by Steve Madden. I got these on sale at the Nordstrom Rack in Boston. 

Times Square <3

So many taxis, people and things to see. <3

Got myself a few items at the MAC counter!


Sitting on the red steps, enjoying our view. 

Brooklyn Bridge at night.

Top of the Rock at night. It's so surreal! And right then and there, it hit me that one day I will call this amazing place my home. I won't give up on this dream.

Shopping! The Michael Kors store on fifth avenue was so busy and luxurious. 

Being a tourist in Central Station.

Beautiful art piece at the MOMA.

Columbus Circle.

The popular fountain from movies. So pretty ^_^

And on our last day in New York, I went for a final walk on Times Square. Since it was Sunday, there was a market which felt like the markets back in NL. It was the perfect way to end this amazing USA trip. 

Making this post brought back so many great memories of the trip. I really can't wait to go back and go on new city adventures. Hope you enjoyed the pics! xx

2 comments:

  1. Reminds me on my perfect BIG APPLE trip in September 2011!:) I LOVE NYC!:)

    Wish you a pretty weekend!

    Bye,
    NIKA Bittner

    ReplyDelete