New In: Beauty Buys from Curacao and USA

Today I have a round-up of my latest beauty purchases. This will be a compilation of beauty buys from august up till now. Most of the items I got in Curacao and on my USA trip. So let's start!

glamorousgia beauty buy sensationail gel at home kit
Sensationail starter kit, removal tool, gel polish
At home gel nails kits have been trending for the last few months. After doing a little research I decided to get the Sensationail starter kit. Since then I've bought two more single colors (scarlet red and midnight rendesvouz). I've done my nails a few times and I love the finished look. Removal of the gel is a bit hard, so I bought the removal tool to try it out. Depending on where you get the kit the price ranges from $50 to $70 at US drugstores. In the Netherlands it's a bit pricier at €72. Single colors sell for up to $10 and the removal tool is around $6.

Shea Moisture anti-breakage masque
Shea Moisture anti-breakage masque
Another product raved about on many hair blogs is the Shea Moisture anti-breakage masque. Since I have curly hair it's always good to have a great moisturizing mask treatment especially in the cold winter times. Available at local US drugstores for around $10.

MAC Cosmetics brush cleanser
MAC Cosmetics brush cleanser
The MAC Cosmetics brush cleanser is a must in my makeup kit. I use it every day to quickly clean my brushes after every use. On my last trip to Curacao my bottle spilled all over in my suitcase. So I had to buy a new one. Available online at MAC for $15 / €11.

Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer broad spectrum SPF 20 lightweight flawless coverage - oil free
Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer broad spectrum SPF 20 lightweight flawless coverage - oil free
Lately I've really been into new foundations. So I did some research for the best tinted moisturizer for combination oily skin. I went for this Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer broad spectrum SPF 20 oil free one. It's supposed to be great for oily skin, but after using it a few times ... I'm not very impressed. My face gets extremely oily after a few hours. So I'm going to test it a bit more, to figure out the best way to use it. Cause I'm sure it's a great product. Available at Sephora for $43.

EOS hand lotion and lipbalm pomegranate raspberry
EOS hand lotion and lipbalm
It seems like everybody loves the EOS lipbalms, so I wanted to try one out. I got the pomegranate raspberry one at a CVS in Washington. And in New York I came across the cutest hand lotion ever. Just the mint colored packaging of the EOS hand lotion makes it a must have. PS. it also smells delicious! Find my review of the EOS lipbalm and hand lotion here. 

OPI wharf! wharf! wharf!, alpine snow, jinx
OPI Wharf! Wharf! Wharf!, Alpine Snow and Jinx
OPI nail polishes are no doubt amazing. For only $8 a piece I snatched up these three gorgeous colors. Wharf! Wharf! Wharf! is a rich cream blue liquid sand from the San Francisco fall 2013 collection. Alpine Snow is a creme white. And Jinx is a gorgeous shimmery bright orange liquid sand from the Bond Girls Spring/Summer 2013 collection. See swatches of OPI Alpine Snow here!

Sally Girl nail polish
Sally Girl nail polish
I've been eyeing such a bright violet pink polish since ever. I thought this small Sally Girl polish is a great try out size. Cause I know it's a color I won't wear all the time, so no need for a regular sized bottle.

China Glaze Boo-gie Down and Pool Party
China Glaze Boo-gie Down and Pool Party
At a Sally Beauty Supply in Chicago I got these two gorgeous China Glaze polishes. On the left is Boo-gie Down from the Halloween 2013 Monster Ball collection. And on the right is Pool Party from the summer 2010 Poolside collection.

Sally Hansen Tight Knit and Maybelline Speckled Pink
Sally Hansen Tight Knit and Maybelline Speckled Pink
More nail polish! Here I have the Sally Hansen fuzzy coat in Tight Knit and the Maybelline color show polka dots in Speckled Pink. Both are very different and cool polishes worth trying out. Find a review of Sally Hansen Tight Knit here as now!

Bath & Body Work anti-bacterial sanitizing hand gel
Bath & Body Work anti-bacterial sanitizing hand gel
These cute anti-bacterial sanitizing hand gels by Bath & Body Works smell amazing. At only $5 for 5 they're a steal. The scents I got from left to right are: Sugared vanilla wish, Vanilla cupcake, Merry cherry love, Wildberry kisses and Fresh sparkling snow.

Bath & Body Works candles
Bath & Body Works candles
At Bath & Body Works I also got three of their famous candles. These were $10 for 3. Because it's fall I went for these 3 scents: Marshmallow fireside, Cranberry woods and Pumpkin cupcake. The BBW store is a bit overwhelming and extremely nice. I wanted to buy so much more, but I decided to stay in the holiday theme with these three candles.

Aveeno clear complexion foaming cleanser and Clean&Clear dual action moisturizer
Back to beauty and skin care products ... we have the Aveeno clear complexion foaming cleanser and the Clean & Clear dual action moisturizer. Both products I bought in the US at drugstores. I simply wanted to try out something new. These were both around $8-9.

Victoria's Secret Very Sexy Temptation fragrance mist
Victoria's Secret very sexy temptation fragrance mist
This lovely Victoria's Secret fragrance mist was on sale for only $10. Since I was already in the store shopping, I added this mist to my shopping bag. And I don't regret it one bit. It smells amazing! 

Lancome Genifique youth activator serum
Lancome Genifique youth activator serum 
I was looking for a serum to add to my skincare routine. Since I had a gift card from Penha Curacao I decided to get this one by Lancome. I've been using it and liking it very much. I haven't noticed any miracles but I think it does nourish my skin.

Urban Decay eyeshadow primer potion
Urban Decay eyeshadow primer potion
The Urban Decay primer potion is one product I've always loved. It does a perfect job, my eyeshadow stays beautiful and fresh for a very long time. This is a mini 0.2 oz size bought at Sephora for $12.

Next up are three luxury brand polishes that are simply gorgeous ... Dior Plaza, Chanel Bel-argus and Deborah Lippmann Mermaid's Dream.
Dior polish in 579 Plaza, a beautiful bright pink creme.
Dior polish in 579 Plaza is a beautiful bright pink creme. 
Chanel nail colour in 667 Bel-argus is a royal blue chrome/metallic shade.
Chanel nail colour in 667 Bel-argus is a royal blue chrome/metallic shade.
Deborah Lippmann nail polish in Mermaid's dream is a green-gold shimmery aqua blue with blue glitters.
Deborah Lippmann nail polish in Mermaid's dream is a green-gold shimmery aqua blue with blue glitters. 

MAC Select Moisturecover concealer NC45 and Blot Powder / Pressed in Dark.
MAC Select Moisturecover concealer NC45 and Blot Powder / Pressed in Dark.
And finally also bought at MAC Cosmetics are these two products. I was in need of a new concealer and a blotting powder. At the MAC store on Times Square NY, I was recommended the select moisturecover concealer in NC45. I asked for a highlighting concealer so the artist gave me this one which is a few shades lighter than my skin tone. I'm really loving it so far, it gives a subtle light under my eyes. And at the MAC store on 5th Avenue, I got the blot powder/pressed in dark. I was looking for a blotting powder or finishing powder to help control my oily T-zone during the day. The artist recommended me getting this one instead of the translucent version, since that one can be a bit ashy on darker skin tones. And he was right, this blot powder gives a very nice finish. The main reason I went to so many different MAC stores was to get a two Retro Matte lipsticks (Flat Out Fabulous and All Fired Up), but unfortunately the ones I wanted were sold out everywhere!

GlamorousGia beauty buys with brands sensationail, dior, chanel, MAC, lancome, china glaze, OPI, Bath Body Works, EOS, urban decay, sally hansen and more.

I hope you enjoyed reading this post filled with new beauty products and a few short reviews here and there. Come back again soon for swatches and extensive reviews on all the products. Let's chat in the comments below if you have any questions!


PS. Follow us on Bloglovin' to stay updated on new blog posts! - GlamorousGia

No comments:

Post a Comment