Review: La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Dry Touch Gel-Creme SPF 50+

We have yet to really enjoy summer here in the Netherlands, but in the mean I've been testing out a new sunscreen for when the sun comes. After reading good reviews on the La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Dry Touch Gel-Creme SPF 50+ ( ... that's a long name haha) I decided to try it out. 
Review header: La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Dry Touch Gel-Creme SPF 50+


Using a very high SPF face sunscreen is very important to me. It's the best way to make sure your skin does not get irreparable sun damage. I tend to go for the highest SPF possible, just to be safe. For my skin tone an SPF of 15+ should be fine though. But since I'm not a fan of reapplying sunscreen on my face during the day, I go for a higher SPF to begin with. The best way to use SPF products is underneath your makeup.

Using a special SPF product for your face has many advantages:
  • it's the best way to protect your face from the sun 
  • SPF products for your body are not meant for the skin on your face
  • make up and regular skincare with SPF will not give you enough sun protection, since you only apply a little amount
  • SPF face products have a broad UVA and UVB protection
  • SPF face products usually carry more benefits than only sun protection
  • you can chose from a variety of SPF content (from 10 to 100+)
  • the SPF product for the face can be more mattefying
Review packaging: La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Dry Touch Gel-Creme SPF 50+
The Anthelios XL Dry Touch Gel-Creme SPF 50+ is meant for people with sensitive skin or that suffer from skin allergy. It prevents pigmentation by the sun and protects the skin against premature aging and cell damage in the long term. It has a high SPF 50+ protection against UVB/UVA thanks to the new, patented filtration system Mexoplex in combination with sedating and anti-oxidizing thermal water from La Roche-Posay.

The sunscreen is perfume free, paraben free and non-comedogenic. It's also photostable (unchanged by the influence of light) and waterproof. This makes it great for daytime and going for a swim.  

But what makes this sunscreen very interesting for me is the finish. It's a gel-creme with a dry touch finish. It's very mattefying and thus ideal for combination to oily skin. According to La Roche-Posay it is non shiny, absorbed quickly and has an ultra dry finish. I have combination skin with an oily T-zone. So I like using mattefying products under my makeup. This helps my makeup stay in place all day. 

Ingredient list:
Review ingredient list: La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Dry Touch Gel-Creme SPF 50+

Review tube: La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Dry Touch Gel-Creme SPF 50+

You get 50 ml of product in a handy squeeze tube with a firm flip-top cap.
Review flip top cap: La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Dry Touch Gel-Creme SPF 50+

The product is white and has a light creamy texture.
Review product on skin: La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Dry Touch Gel-Creme SPF 50+

The La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Dry Touch Gel-Creme SPF 50+ dries extremely fast. So you have to be quick when applying it. It is very light weight and not greasy at all. You have to work it well into the skin, to prevent the dreaded white cast (like the usual sunscreen body products). I wear my sunscreen underneath my makeup, so of course you will not notice any white residue. The product dries completely matte and clear. The scent is kind of medicinal, since it's perfume free. Overall I really like this product. It does it's job very well. The only thing that could have been better is the drying time (too fast because of the ultra dry matte finish). Other than that it works great as an under makeup base. 

La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Dry Touch Gel-Creme SPF 50+ is available at dutch drugstores/pharmacies for €17+. You can also buy it online, just give it a google. 

I bought mine a month ago at my local pharmacy for €17.02. And I received a free full-size Posthelios Melt-in gel after-sun gift with my purchase. I posted this photo on Instagram exactly 4 weeks ago. PS. Follow me on Instagram (username: glamorousgia) for daily fun quick updates. ;)

That is it for my review. This product will work for you if you have combination/oily skin and want a high SPF coverage with a matte finish. 


Follow us on Bloglovin' and/or Facebook to stay updated on new blog posts!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review. Ik ben nu sunscreen van Vichy en Eucerin aan t uitproberen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! Ja, die zijn volgens mij ook erg goed. Ik denk dat ik wat samples ga aanvragen bij apotheek morgen. Kan ik ze vergelijken. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ive never used spf in my life like u said on ure other blog i was like pff why am black allready but i have seen since last year that my face has gotten really really dark darker then my neck and beyond and its mainly becuz of the sun so am making sure to buy a high spf for my face now xxx berry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha yesss. Give it a try SPF 30 or higher for the face, not only for the skin tone, but just the skin itself. xx

      Delete