Barry M ♥ Ridley Road

Since the caviar nail manicures have taken over the nail industry, brands are trying to invent all sorts of new nail polish textures and effects. I love this because there comes a point where you can buy almost all thinkable colors, but you want something new and cool. I think OPI were the first big brand to introduce the liquid sand effect.  But I wasn't that impressed by the colors they came up with. A few months later Barry M came out with these gorgeous pastel textured nail effects nail paints. And I fell in love with one: Ridley Road!

Barry M nail polish ridley road bottle.
Ridley Road is a mint color. The color is very bright and almost glowing. It's a textured effect polish which means that it will dry with a textured finish (instead of a smooth glossy finish). You can actually see the grains in the polish. It looks like tiny clear sand grains. This polish will give you the liquid sand effect. But surprisingly your nails will not feel too grainy or rough. The application is very smooth and easy. I used about 3 coats for the pictures below. And the manicure lasted for at least 3 days without chipping. 

One thing I did notice was that product and dirt will get stuck between the grains. I usually put on my foundation with my fingers. Well ... after doing this my nails were all brown and dirty. I couldn't get the foundation out of the grainy texture of my nails. I used water, soap and even make up remover, but it's just difficult to remove product from all the tiny holes made up of the texture. So my advice would be to make sure your hands stay clean at all times. Use a brush for makeup and for everything else (where your nails might get dirty) use gloves. 

Nonetheless I love this nail polish. It's a gorgeous color and the textured finish is also fun and new. I bought my Barry M textured nail effects Ridley Road online at ASOS for around €5 (get it here). I think it's a great price for such a cool nail polish. I definitely recommend it! Currently I'm eyeing the yellow one Station Road. 
Barry M nail polish in ridley road close up grainy effect.

Swatch of Barry M ridley road without flash.
Barry M Ridley Road without top coat (without flash)
Swatch of BarryM ridley road texture.
Barry M Ridley Road without top coat (without flash)
Swatch of BarryM ridley road texture.
Barry M Ridley Road without top coat (without flash)
Swatch of BarryM ridley road texture with bottle.
Barry M Ridley Road without top coat (without flash)
What do you girls think of the texture nail effects by Barry M? Do you own any liquid sand or textured polishes? Like them? Let us know in the comments below! 

Follow us on Bloglovin' and/or Facebook to stay updated on new blog posts!

6 comments:

  1. i seriously dont know how u get ure nails to look so purfict guuurrrl hahahaha love the post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahah thanks! Ora mi ta na Korsou vakantie nos ta hasi un nail day anto mi ta show you mi tricks (which I don't really have :p. Nos tin ku echt plan algun g2g

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous color. I own several liquid sand polishes from OPI.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh nice! What colors do you own? I really want to check out OPI Jinx from the bond girls collection!

      Delete
  3. Wow looks so nice! The colour is really pretty. Never knwe you had instagram. Following right now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie! I didn't know you had Ig either hahah. Following 2 ;)

      Delete