Revlon ♥ Whimsical

Whimsical 430 by Revlon is a very popular nail polish since it's a great dupe for the Deborah Lippmann Glitter in the Air. Because of it's popularity Whimsical can be hard to find. Last year on my vacation in Curacao I spotted Whimsical at the DA drugstore in Salinja. There was only one bottle left which now is part of my nail polish collection. I have also mentioned Whimsical in my Lovin' it: Milky Glitter Nail Polishes. Remember it? For more photos and swatches keep on reading.

Whimsical is a milky glitter polish with a light blue greenish jelly base. It has baby blue and baby pink hex glitters, smaller silver hex glitters and greenish blue micro glitter particles. This polish is very sheer so it's good for layering. I layered 3 coats of Whimsical over AVON Vintage Blue (swatches in this post) for the photos below. I'm not wearing any topcoat in these swatch photos. 

The application is a bit difficult. Since the polish is very sheer and the glitter is sparse, you have to do your best to place the glitter on your nails. On top of that it's a bit runny/watery. This is a downside but I have this same 'issue' with many glitter polishes, so it doesn't bother me that much. I actually like taking the time to do my nails. It's fun! Overall I think Whimsical is a very pretty polish. But I thought and wished it would've been more opaque. 

I don't own the Deborah Lippmann one, but from what I hear they are very close. And the best thing is that Whimsical is only about $5. For availability check your local drugstore. I haven't come across Revlon milky glitters in the Netherlands yet. But Dutch DA drugstores do carry Revlon, so they might have Whimsical

Whimsical layered over Vintage Blue by AVON (without flash)
Whimsical layered over Vintage Blue by AVON (without flash)
Whimsical layered over Vintage Blue by AVON (without flash)
Whimsical layered over Vintage Blue by AVON (without flash)
Follow us on Bloglovin' to stay updated on new blog posts! - GlamorousGia

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous nail polish, I love the glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! I bought it the other day at DA too but never really got the chance to try it out, I'm most definitely going to paint my nails today with that gorgeous color:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This polish is gorgeous! Lovely nails, lovely post :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous color !

    XX Luba

    If you have a minute, please check out my ARMANI bag GIVEAWAY
    http://www.well-living-blog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is!

      Lovely blog! Following on bloglovin' ;)

      Delete