Review: Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub

The search for the best acne treatment skincare products is a never ending one. I'm always trying out new products to take care of my combination/oily skin. When I first heard of the Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, I was excited to try it. I've been using this foaming scrub for almost two months, so it was time for my review.
Review: Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub
The Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit line contains a few products for face (cleanser, scrub, wipes) and body (wash) care. The Pink Grapefruit line is made with 100% naturally derived grapefruit extract and vitamin C. This line of acne cleansers treat and help prevent breakouts while eliminating oil and dirt without overdrying the skin. At first I really wanted to get the facial cleanser, but it was sold out. Thus I went for the Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash pink grapefruit foaming scrub. It contains 2% salicylic acid which is the active ingredient for the acne treatment. And it's made with the Neutrogena MicroClear technology which has been proven to be effective in acne treatment.

Review: Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash pink grapefruit foaming scrub
Neutrogena says: "With an uplifting blast of grapefruit plus vitamin C, this unique formula clears blemishes and blackheads. Gentle microbeads smooth away roughness without over-drying or irritating for clearer, healthier looking skin." 
Review: Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub
The scrub comes in a 124mL plastic tube with a flip top. Dispensing the product is simple and easy. The packaging is light pink which can be associated with the grapefruit color. Overall I think the packaging is very appealing.

Review: Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub
The scrub has a gel like structure infused with fine white micro beads and larger pink beads. The white micro beads dissolve into a rich lather. But the pink beads are a bit harder and don't easily dissolve. The scrub smells like grapefruit. It's not a scent I would normally go for, but I don't find it disturbing.

Let's talk about the effect of using this scrub. I've been using it for over two months twice a day. For me the scrub is gentle enough to use as a regular cleanser. It doesn't have the harsh scrubbing effect I would expect from a scrub. The scrub gives me a really clean feeling and it completely removes all make up. It's a bit drying but not over-drying or irritating.  This is definitely a product for the combination/oily skin. Does it clear blemishes and blackheads? I would say yes and no. I personally don't notice any big changes. I still occasionally get a few blemishes, so for me it doesn't prevent breakouts. But I feel like the scrub does help clear out the blemishes faster. So it's not a miracle worker. Overall it's a fine scrub that could be used as a cleanser. Although I'm still using it every day, my search for the best acne treatment product for my skin continues.

The Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash pink grapefruit foaming scrub is available in all drugstores and department stores such as CVS, Rite Aid, Ulta, Target, Walgreens, Walmart in the US. It retails for about $7.50. In the Netherlands it's a bit difficult to find in stores. But you can buy it online for €7.99 at Prettyplease.nl. Prettyplease also carries the cream and gel cleanser. Mine was purchased for about ƒ15 at a local beauty store in Curacao called Lucky Cosmetics.

3 comments:

  1. ive been meaning to try this but i cant find it here :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Berry! My mom got me this one at Lucky Cosmetics in Curacao. She said it took her a little while to get it. Because according to the workers/owner, it sells out pretty quick every time. So I suggest checking maybe once a week or every other week. ;)

      Delete
  2. Like neutrogena producst
    x
    samecookiesdifferent.blogspot.com <3

    ReplyDelete