Review: Truly Yours May Box

It's been over a week since I received my May Truly Yours Box. This is a review on the products in the box. This months box was well filled and there even was a big product outside the box. 
I've created a short review for each product. Keep on reading and find out more!

Lavertu Lipstick Excellent (full size for EUR 6.90)
The Lavertu lipstick Excellent is a yellow lipstick that changes color once put on. Everyone gets a slightly different tint depending on the pH of your skin. When I saw this in the package I actually wished it was yellow lipstick, because that is much cooler than color changing lipstick. The packaging looks like something from the Halloween store, so I wasn't excited about the product. But I decided to try it out, just to see how it works.
The lipstick has a fruity scent. Above is the color I got on my skin, a bright red pinkish color. I also used it on my lips. It felt very moisturizing and bit oily. The color was a lot brighter on my lips. My camera just didn't pick up the color on my lips. It kind of works like a lip stain and it's very long lasting. This swatch on my hand was still there after many showers and hand washing. One thing I don't like at all was that the color doesn't distribute evenly on my lips, some parts were a lot brighter/darker and it sets in the lip lines. It looked like I drank bright red juice that stained my lips. Overall I don't like this lipstick and the packaging is a bit toy-ish. It doesn't appeal to me, I would think it's something for teenagers or pre-teens that find color changing make up cool.

Gamila Secret Lavender Heaven Cleansing Bar (full size 115gr for EUR 22.95)
The Gamila Secret Lavender Heaven Cleansing Bar comes in a big square box that doesn't fit in the Truly Yours Box, so it came outside the box. As you can see in the picture above there is a hole under the brand name. If you press on the box, the scent comes out of the hole. And it smells like lavender, a scent that I unfortunately dislike a lot. But the scent is not very strong in the shower, so that is a plus.
The Lavender Heaven soap is 100% natural. It contains 15 hand picked spices and oils such as almond, coconut, grape, laurel, and olive oil and shea butter. These are all very nourishing ingredients that makes the soap also good for dry skin. According to the Gamila Secret you can use the Cleansing Bar on the whole body, including face and intimate parts. The formula brings the skin back into balance by stimulating the self-healing ability of the skin. This is due to the healing properties of the active herbs and soothing effects of the pure oils.
I have used this Cleansing Bar once only on my body, and it creates a very creamy lather. You're supposed to leave it on for at least 15 seconds before rinsing. And I love that my skin doesn't feel dry or tight at all after rinsing. This is a major plus when it comes to soap bars. If I had to compare this one with the Nablus Soap in the previous Truly Yours Box (find it here), I would go for the Gamila Secret Lavender Heaven even though I'm not a fan of lavender. Next to the scent the thing I find a bit troublesome is the shape. It's a square bar that doesn't fit properly in my hand. Although you could use it on your face, I didn't because I don't want to mess up my current skin care routine. Overall this is one of the best 100% natural cleansing bars I have ever tested.

Number 4 Mini Darling Shampoo & Condition - Lumière d'hiver Clarifying Shampoo (mini 50ml for EUR 8.00 | full size 250ml for EUR 36.05) & L'eau de Mare Hydrating Condition (sample | full size 250ml for EUR 37.95)
I have never heard of the Number 4 brand before. They have many product lines such as the Lumière d'hiver for the basics,  L'eau de Mare for moisture, Fleurs de Temps for volume and the Jour d'Automne for styling and finishing. The Number 4 products are 100% vegan, gluten free, sulphate and sodium choride free and paraben free. The Liquid Culture Complex is the foundation of the brand and defines all the products with water as a base and an advanced system that combines technologies and beneficial botanicals which gives consistent quality hair care results.
I received the Lumiere d’hiver Clarifying Shampoo. This is a weekly deep cleansing shampoo that doesn't strip moisture from the hair. I love the strong floral scent of the shampoo. My hair felt very clean and soft after the shampoo. After that I used the  L'eau de Mare Hydrating Condition sample. The L'eau de Mare Hydrating Conditioning is a formula with vitamin B5 (fights split ends, dryness and frizz). The condition also had a very strong floral spicy scent. I loved how moisturized my hair felt. The sample was not enough for me though, because I have a lot of hair. Overall I really like these Number 4 products, the only downside is their price. If you also want to try Number 4 out, you can get one sample at the EU Number 4 website.

Jill Sander Eve - eau de toilette (sample 1.2ml | full size EUR 39.50 for 30ml)
Eve consists of sparkling grapefruit and blackcurrant buds in the top notes. The heart has a perfect combination of wild rose, jasmine and violet, laid on the base of cashmere wood and patchouli. I'm not very good at distinguishing scents yet (I definitely want to learn), so all I can say is that I really like this scent. It's very feminine, warm and fresh. I normally like extremely sweet scents, so it's nice to change it up from time to time.

Broadway Nails - imPRESS Press-on Manicure (full size set with 24 nails for EUR 9.98 )
The imPRESS Press-on Manicure set colors have been personally picked by former PCD lead singer Nicole Scherzinger. Check out the promo video here. The set contains a prep pad and 24 press-on nails.
The set comes with 24 nails in different sizes. I received this gorgeous rich bright red color. I was surprised to find that the sizes fit my tiny/slim nail beds very well. The nails are ultra shiny and glossy which give a very nice look. The press-on manicure should last up to a week and be easily removed.
Every nail has a clear film on the back covering the sticky part. For application you should clean and prep your own nails with the prep pad, peel off the clear film and then press the nail on. Check this video that shows the process. I haven't used my set yet, because I don't need it for my nails. The idea seems great though, for when you're in a hurry and don't have time to do your nails properly. Maybe next time I'm rushing out the house to catch my train, I'll take these with me.

Montagne Jeunesse Face Mask minipack (pack with three ~5gr masks for EUR 5.25)
I always use face masks by Montagne Jeunesse. They are very cheap, smell nice, don't test on animals and work great. I especially love the peel-off masks, because peeling off the mask is the fun part. This minipack contains 3 mini sized masks. They are the perfect size to take on vacation or a weekend away.
In the minipack I got these three masks: Peel Off Masque, Blemish Mud and Fruit Smoothie. Each mask has different properties according to Montagne Jeunesse. The Juiced Cucumber peel off mask gently peels away dead skin, impurities to find fresher, cleansed and revived skin. The Crushed Raspberry fruit smoothie is a smoothie treat of raspberry, mango and pomegranate for fresher, cleansed and softer skin. The Pressed Aloe blemish mud naturally targets your problem areas with the aloe vera, willow and witch hazel infused mud. I have used the cucumber peel off mask and the fruit smoothie before. I like these Montagne Jeunesse mask, they leave my skin feeling very soft and nice. I haven't noticed any huge differences/benefits, but I think it's a nice way to treat and pamper your skin once a week. I haven't seen this mini pack in stores before, so I'm curious where I could get it. The normal sized masks are available in NL drugstore for under EUR 2.00

And that is it for the Truly Yours May Box. The box contained some nice products, my favorites are the Number 4 shampoo & condition, Jill Sander Eve sample and the Montagne Jeunesse minipack.


Q: Did you get this Truly Yours May Box? What do you think of the products? 

1 comment:

  1. Great items! I've been wanting to try those face masks...I'm def going to check them out now.

    Check out my giveaway!

    ♥ Shia

    ReplyDelete