Review: Beautybox May

It's been a few weeks since I received my Beautybox for the month of May. Now we're already half way in June, so I have had plenty of time to test out the products. PS. I received the June box yesterday! 

I love getting these boxes! I am always happy to find new products and brands. It's also funny how I get things that at the moment I really need. Let's move on to the products.

Eylure Katy Perry Lashes - Oh My! (full size set for EUR 7.99)
I love Katy Perry and I like false lashes, a perfect combination! There are 4 different lash types in the Katy Perry Lashes collection by Eylure; Sweetie Pie, Cool Kitty, Oh Honey and Oh My!. I received Oh My!, the most extreme version.
The set comes with the falsies, lash glue, instructions and an 'OH MY!' sticker.
These Oh My! lashes are big and bold. They have a double layer of lashes for an extreme dramatic look. I have heard that the strip is (too) thick because of the double lashes, so I'm curious to know whether this will be a problem. I haven't used these yet, but I'm sure they will look good for a night out.

Sugarpill Loose Eyeshadow - Goldilux (sample)
I have never tried any Sugarpill products before, but they are known for their beautiful colors and great pigmentation. The sample comes in a little plastic bag. I received Goldilux, which is a metallic gold. In the photo I added a swatch on top of my UD primer. I really like this color, although I would have loved a purple or blue more. I have quiet a few loose eyeshadows/pigments in my collection, but I don't use them as much as my pressed eyeshadows. So I am happy with this sample, but I won't be purchasing this any time soon.

Schwazkopf BC Bonacure Hairtherapy Color Freeze Sulfate Free Shampoo (50 ml sample)
As it says in the name, it's a sulfate free shampoo which is a plus. It's a creamy shampoo that creates a creamy lather. It has a lovely sweet scent which reminds me a bit of my Dove purely pampering shea butter & vanilla shower cream. This shampoo is best for color-treated hair, but it can be used on all hair types. I haven't colored my hair for more than 6 months, so my roots are dark brown and my ends are black. I like the shampoo, but I haven't used it enough to see any results. I think it's a good mild shampoo that will help your color last longer. 

Schwazkopf BC Bonacure Hairtherapy Moisture Kick Spray Conditioner for normal to dry hair (50ml sample)
This moisture kick spray conditioner for normal to dry hair comes in a handy spray bottle. It's a liquid leave-in conditioner. I can't describe the scent, but it has a typical spray leave-in conditioner scent (if you know what I mean). It's not sweet nor floral, but it's an ok scent. I have been using this for the last few weeks. Instead of using a water spray to manage my hair, I now use this. I like that it adds some moisture and makes my hair more manageable and soft. I don't notice any big difference in my hair though. But I will continue using it, because it's a fine spray.

Sans Soucis Rich Body Milk with avocado oil (40ml sample)
The Rich Body Milk contains avocado oil, thermal spring water from Baden-Baden and wheat germ oil condition dry skin making it soft and supple.
The Rich Body Milk has a light peachy color, which I love (not that it matters haha). The body milk is easy to spread, it's absorbed quickly, doesn't leave my skin oily and smells fresh. I have used this on some dry patches on my legs. A month ago I shaved my legs dry and that was not a good idea. After my skin 'healed' from that it left some dry patches. I have been using this rich body milk on them every day. And I am very happy to say, that my dry patches are gone! This body milk is very moisturizing and I love it!

LookX Lip Pencil - 30 Miracle Pink (full size for EUR 17,35)
This is a normal lip pencil in a dusty pink color. The application is good, it glides on smoothly on the lips. It stays a bit creamy. When I first tested it, a piece of the liner broke off. This is very weird but I don't use lip liners much so I didn't mind. Another thing I noticed was the huge color difference between the tip of the packaging and the actual color. I'm not sure if this quiet ordinary lip liner is really worth the price (EUR 17.35).

Dermalogica Clean Start - Bedtime for Breakouts (15ml sample size)
The Dermalogica Clean Start skin care line is new line for young adults who want clear skin. I know that Dermalogica products are of very good quality. So I was excited to try this out. I received the Bedtime for Breakouts. It's a gel that you apply before bedtime after washing your face. The treatment delivers a potent blend of botanicals to wipe out future breakouts below the surface. It contains no artificial fragrance or color.
It's a clear gel substance. It smells like yummy watermelons, spreads easily and is quickly absorbed. It isn't oily at all. I love the feeling of this gel on my face. I decided to incorporate it in my Clinique 3-step skin care regimen. And since then I've been having less breakouts. Now I'm not sure if it's because of the Bedtime for Breakouts gel. Since my Clinique 3-step kit was almost finished, I decided to get the Dermalogica Clean Start kit. I ordered it and have been using all the products from the Clean Start line for a few weeks now. I am happy with this line, my breakouts are under control and up till now I'm positive and happy. I will post a review on them after a few more weeks/months. Keep an eye out for that!

I hope you enjoyed this review. You can find all the products and purchase information at the Beautybox website. If you also want to get the monthly Beautybox, check the website! 

1 comment: