Review: Chanel Mirifique


Remember this post? Since last year I wanted the Chanel Illusion d'Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow in the color Mirifique. It's a black cream/gel eyeshadow with tons of sparkle. 
Well I have finally taken this product off my beauty wishlist! 


Packaging. The luminous eyeshadow comes in a glas container with a chic black cap with the white Chanel logo. I love the packaging! It's very classic and pretty. The eyeshadow came with a mini brush for application. I stored it away and haven't tried it yet. Just because I have brushes that I love to use and I prefer brushes with larger handles. 

Product. The texture of this product is very different and new to me. It's creamy and gel-like at the same time. On top of that the creaminess is like a mousse. It's very difficult to describe. The shadow is easy to apply and blendable. It's not a wet consistency, so it doesn't build up in lines or crease. Once it's dry, it stays in place all day. On me it lasts up to 8hours, maybe a bit more. 

How to use. I mostly use Mirifique all over the lid, for a gorgeous shimmery smokey effect. You can also use it as an eyeliner. I have used it on the outer corners and on the bottom lash line. It always looks beautiful!

Swatches. Left natural light. Right with flash. Pictures could never do this eyeshadow justice. In real life it shimmers like crazy with every eye movement. 

Mirifique is not limited edition! In the Netherlands it's available at Douglas, Ici Paris XL, Sephora and de Bijenkorf for €28,50. This is one luxury product that is worth every penny! Normally I won't spend this much money on a single eyeshadow, but I am so happy I have!

Q: Have you tried any of the Chanel Illusion d'Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow? 
Love it as much as I do?

2 comments: