REVIEW: Urban Decay - Supercurl Curling Mascara

Since a month I own my first two Urban Decay products. I won these products in the "Beauty with an Edge"contest on the Dutch Sephora Nederland facebook page. I received an UD primer potion and an UD supercurl curling mascara. 


In this post I will be reviewing the Supercurl Curling Mascara
Description according to Urban Decay:
Our formula boosts curl, separates lashes, and literally crafts each one into an expertly-shaped, battable set. Part of the secret lies in our molded and curved new technology wand that shapes lashes AND holds curl effectively throughout the day. Even more impressive are the incredible conditioning ingredients in our formula – packed with glycoprotein for lash thickening, moringa seeds to help with curl definition, and Meadowfoam seed oil and Shea Butter for conditioning and smoothing.
Cost: 25.90 - 9ml 
Find at: Sephora in the Netherlands




Review
Packaging: ++
The black silver packaging with glossy curls is very pretty and feminine. The purple writing is also nice like all other UD products.


Product: +
The curvy shaped wand makes it easy to apply the mascara in one go. It also fits my under eye lashes very well. Because the wand is not thick, you do not easily get product on your lids.
The mascara comes in one color: black. The funny thing about this mascara is that it smells kind of minty. 
It is not a waterproof formula, but it will not run easily by splashing water on the face. I prefer using an eye make up remover rather than just water to remove the mascara.  


Price: (in the Netherlands) +/-
It is on the pricey side or better said it does not fit in my budget. But it is a great product. I do think that their must be other mascara's that can get the job done for a lot less. But if you are considering of buying a new mascara and want to try an UrbanDecay product. I recommend this one. Consider that the expiration time of a mascara is around 3months.    


Performance: ++
It really does make my lashes stand out. It can get a little clumpy if you use more than one coat of mascara. I like using at least two coats, so I work with it and comb my lashes out to remove all clumps. It does not separate the lashes, that is a downside. Besides that I love how my lashes appear much longer and curvier. You can judge for your self in the picture below. This mascara definitely serves it's name right. I love it! I use this mascara pretty much daily and it lasts all day long.  


Left: with no mascara on, lashes barely visible. Right: with Supercurl curling mascara, lashes clearly longer and curvier
  I give this mascara a 4.5 out of 5 stars! 


What do you think of this review? Do you like this Urban Decay mascara?
Leave a comment, I love reading them and interacting with my readers. 
xx,Gia

7 comments:

  1. wow..a big difference! loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maar jij hebt ook al mooie wimper van jezelf, dat wil ik ook!

    Leuk artikel!

    Kaya-Quintana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes such a big differnce Tiff! I love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kaya-Quintana Broekbuijsen Bedankt! Ik heb zelf het idee dat ze vrij kort zijn. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review, your lashes look beautiful with it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review! We love Urban Decay but haven't tried the mascara yet. Now we want too! We are now following you and would love for you to follow back if you like.
    Jayme & Mendi
    www.herlatenightcravings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks girls! It is truly a good mascara. ;)
    @Jayme&Mendi I'll check your blog out! ;) Thanks for the follow xx

    ReplyDelete