REVIEW: Catrice Eyeshadows








Some weeks ago I bought a couple of e/s by Catrice. Just wanted to try them out, after reading a few good reviews. These are the ones I got.








Catrice Absolute Eye Colour:
REVIEW: Catrice Eyeshadows bring me frosted cake, dont's drink and drive, petrol keeps me running, I am a coal-girl and the queen is amused.#190 Petrol Keeps Me Running 
– shimmery dark blue/green. Prettiest one out the bunch. 

#210 The Queen Is Amused 
– sparkly dark blue. I love the color, but the product is a little chalky.

#090 Bring Me Frosted Cake
– very soft light nude color, matte finish. A bit chalky, not as much as the blue one. 

#170 Don’t drink And Drive
– aquamarine blue, satin finish. This one is very nice, but not very special.

#260 I Am A Coal-Girl
– very dark brown, matte finish. I love this one; it has a slightly purple undertone. Good for defining the crease or for the outer corners of the eye.                        


The Swatches in different light:
REVIEW and swatches: Catrice Eyeshadows bring me frosted cake, dont's drink and drive, petrol keeps me running, I am a coal-girl and the queen is amused.
REVIEW and swatches: Catrice Eyeshadows bring me frosted cake, dont's drink and drive, petrol keeps me running, I am a coal-girl and the queen is amused.

They are all very smooth and apply easily (except for the #210 blue, kind of chalky). Pigmentation is good, you have to pack them on your lid. Do not stroke them on, because they tend to cause fall-out. It comes in a beautiful clear case, so you can see the color immediately. And finally these are super duper cheap. And I think they are good for the price you pay. Overall I like them. If you are planning on getting some, make sure you swatch them first. Because some are very chalky and not pigmented. I spent queit a while in Kruidvat testing, so I suggest you do the same… hahahaha Good Luck! ;)

Have you already tried Catrice E/S? Like or Hate them? Was this helpful or did you miss something?
xx,Gia

2 comments:

  1. Hey GlamarousGia! <3 Couldn't find the I'm a coal girl at the kruidvat near where i live.
    It could probably come in handy for drawing on eyebrows right? Or would the purple undertone, make your eyebrows, well, too purple looking =S =P Is the color pay-off suitable for eyebrows?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heyy Cris!! I used it on my brows right now, to test it for you. You can't really see the purple undertone, so your eyebrows will not be too purple looking at all. It actually looks good. If you can find it swatch it on your skin tone first, to see whether the purple shows less or more on your skin. But for me it works. ;) The color pay-off is definitely suitable for eyebrows. ;)

    ReplyDelete